Friday, June 20, 2014

Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
 Series: The Hunger Games
Hardcover - Paperback
Pages: 391
Price: $12.99 - 17.99
Dystopian Series 

                                        Summary

Katniss Everdeen has survived The Hunger Games, along with her 'Star-crossed' lover Peeta Mellark. Coming back should be easy for her, but with Peeta ignoring her and Gale, her long time friend, away with a new job, it's not that easy.

But that is not the only thing that is making her unhappy. The Victory Tour which awakens her nightmares from the games. Along the Victory Tour something else arises, rebellions against the capital and they are all because of the two 'Star-crossed' lovers. The districts did not see their victory as an act of rebellion. President Snow must stop these rebellions, so he calls on Katniss and Peeta to make the districts believe it was an act of love. When that fails he must do something more cruel.

This year is the Quarter Quell  and President Snow has made this year very special. He has called all victories to be reaped. This means Katniss will be going back into the games along with Haymitch or Peeta. This year the games will be harder. Who will win this years Hunger Games?

                                                             My View

So this was my second time trying to read this book. I remember when my mother got it for me, she had been worried The Hunger Games would be to scary for me, but after I read it I begged her for the 2nd book. She got me the hard cover for Christmas, which now drives me insane because the rest of the series is in paperback. I was so happy! I began reading it an found it boring. I put it down. That was 2012 and I read it in 2014.

I hate to tell this to you guys, but I watched the movie before I read it *gasp*, twice. I wanted to read it over spring break, that first Monday, but I watched the movie. Technically I read it in a day, though, I read two pages that Thursday and the rest that Friday.  So I hope that makes you feel better.

This book was hard for me to get through. I know a lot of people say that it is the best book in the trilogy, but for me it was not. The beginning was all about the Victory Tour, which I did not care about, all I wanted was the games. And that is what got me into the book. They were better than the first games. But that ending! I want to start Mockingjay, but I heard spoilers and it ruined the book for me, stop posting spoilers! So overall it was a good book not my favorite out of the series, but the movie did live up to it! Can't wait for the last book and the Mockingjay movie!

                                                           
                                                             My Grading

                                                        5994484728 7531c14024 o Free Blinking Star Rater Book Blogger Design5994484728 7531c14024 o Free Blinking Star Rater Book Blogger Design5994484728 7531c14024 o Free Blinking Star Rater Book Blogger Design5994484728 7531c14024 o Free Blinking Star Rater Book Blogger Design

No comments:

Post a Comment